Apply as a pilot at a United Express® Aviate® program partner
If you're flying for one of our United Express Aviate partners, it’s great time to opt in to the Aviate program. Acceptance to Aviate will secure your path to United.
Details and requirements
Step 2 Opt in to Aviate
- Opt in to Aviate during the onboarding process at participating UAX carriers by confirming that you meet eligibility requirements and understand the transition criteria to successfully transition to United. Current UAX pilots will receive an enrollment email from United.
When you join Aviate, you’ll gain access to:
- A direct path. Aviate participants can transition to United as a First Officer upon successful completion of the Aviate program and hiring requirements
- Travel privileges. Aviate participants enjoy travel privileges to United destinations around the world
- Culture. You'll gain deeper connections with our United team, with access to senior leadership, site visits and tours, and an inside look at our inclusive culture
Step 3 Fly with an Aviate United Express carrier
Flying with our Aviate-participating United Express (UAX) carriers provides invaluable flying experience.
- Secure your path to a United First Officer position by completing 1,600 PIC (Pilot in Command) hours with an Aviate-participating UAX carrier
- For full details, see Chapter 5 of the APG
Step 4 Transition to United as a First Officer
- Once you complete your minimum transition requirements with United Express, you will be eligible to transition to United as a First Officer
- Participants will be assigned a First Officer class date and start at United within four (4) months of meeting the PIC hours requirement
Full details regarding Aviate eligibility and transition requirements can be found in the Aviate Program Guide (APG). For questions not covered in the APG, please provide your information and question in the space provided, and we’ll get back to you soon.